Friday, May 30, 2014

409 Claudia St.

Psalm 17 : 18-19
Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel,

who alone does wondrous things.
Blessed be his glorious name forever;
may the whole earth be filled with his glory!
Amen and Amen!


We have said it many times through this whole journey, yet God knows exactly when we are in need of experiencing His providence so plainly.  I don't know any other way to say it but we are humbly grateful to be able to walk this road.

Yesterday morning we signed an offer on our house!!!  There is of course still an inspection to be done next week, so a few details need to be taken care of.  But long story short, we accepted a great offer on our house which will allow for us to stay in it until we leave for the airport on August 12!  There are so many other details that also fell into place in just under 24 hours of our buyer looking at our home, that it seems too good to be true.  But we know it isn't too good, it is simply God doing His 'wondrous things' in our lives.

I will share one story...
About 15 minutes before I signed my part of the purchase agreement Thursday morning, the girls were playing outside, and I was inside trying to get myself ready for the day.  Logan came in and said their was a man looking at the outside of the house.  I went out and introduced myself to which he told me he was the father, of the woman offering to buy our home.  He explained how embarrassed his daughter was that he was even at our house, but she and her mom were in the car waiting.  The father had not been able to see the house the night before, and just wanted to take a look at the outside, hoping we were not home.  I insisted he come inside, as he made the effort to look at the outside.  After they quickly looked at each room in the house, we shared with each other both of our situations.  At one point, all the adults had tears in our eyes because of how it worked out for us all so well.
Sellers don't often get to meet they buyers in this sort of way, but I was so grateful that this interaction happened.  I believe my heart was again being cared for, knowing that our home is going to be a blessing to another person.  The buyer told me, 'I knew as soon as I walked in, that this house was where I needed to live!'

Today we are praising God for this provision in our life, and humbly thankful for the prayers you have offered on our behalf.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing intervention by God! You and I had talked a while back and discussed the timing of the sale of your house. How perfect HIS timing has been, yet again. And what an amazing connection you will now have with your buyer. Your family will be a blessing to her, even while you are in Haiti.
    Singing praises for God's provisions in the sale of your house --- and the ability to stay in it until Aug 12th!

    ReplyDelete